Build Your Own Website
With the advancement of technology, every business now needs an online presence. But knowing how to build your own website means that you can always customize your site’s design to effectively complement your business
The Best Website Builders
The top 10 best website builders found on the market currently include:
1.GoDaddy Website Builder
GoDaddy understands that a great website is crucial for your online presence. So, if you want to know how to build your website in just a few minutes, then you should consider using this platform.
GoDaddy allows you to create stunning and unique websites (along with hosting included) that will keep your visitors coming back. Besides that, your online presence will be outstanding thanks to its extensive online marketing tools for websites that you can use to promote your website.
Its core website building features include:
- Over 300 website themes
- Selling integrations with reputable e-commerce sites such as Amazon and eBay
- Integrated photo library from Getty Photography for high-quality images
- A native shopping cart
- A website builder is available for smaller screens, thus you can build your website on your phone when you please.
Why is GoDaddy an ideal website builder?
- It’s AI-based: you can take full advantage of GoDaddy’s network offered by its AI function. Your online presence will be managed by the system’s data-driven technology that provides tailored results.
- Manage everything in one place: you can not only build your website but also use this platform to manage your email and social media marketing in one place.
- Be easy to find: GoDaddy makes it possible for people to find you on different platforms including Facebook, Google, and Instagram.
There are multiple pricing plans designed to cater to different user needs. Note that all the plans have these basic features- social media and email marketing, 24/7 customer support, PayPal payments, and SSL security.
- Basic: $9.99/month
- Standard: $14.99/month
- Premium: $19.99/month
- Ecommerce: $24.99/month
- Its free plan has lots of services
- There are multiple pricing plans to choose from.
- Easy to use
- 24/7 live phone and chat support(Tutorials included as an additional bonus)
- It’s quite expensive for bigger websites.
- Its design features are limited.
- It’s difficult to move a website from GoDaddy website builder to WordPress
- Inability to add third-party extensions for full-time eCommerce websites.
2. Make A Website For Free With Google Sites
If you want to learn how to create a website free of cost and without coding skills, then Google Sites will do a good job. This is one of the most effective website builders for your business page. For your first website, the site allows you to build free and beautiful small websites that will impress and also engage your customers.
Some of the key features that make Google sites stand out include:
- 6 templates to choose from that are easy to use
- Customization options involving buttons, texts, maps, and images
- Publish instantly
- Ideal for creating portfolio website or landing page prototype
Google Sites services are 100% free and they normally come alongside G-suite services. So, if you have a Google account you can use it.
- Provides users with ease of use(No coding required)
- Offers Google integrations
- Highly effective
- Free of charge
- Not ideal for e-commerce sites as inexistent built-in e-commerce facility.
- The builder isn’t versatile
- Limited design options
3. Build Your Own Website With Wix
Wix allows you to discover how to build your own website. This is a versatile platform that you can use to create, design, develop, and manage your site’s web presence on a fully hosted platform. Thus you don’t have to pay for hosting services.
Start your blog, customize your site, and optimize it for search engines easily. With its drag and drop features, there is no limit to the things that you can do within a few minutes with cloud-based website builder software.
The flexible editor in addition to a collection of over 800 themes creates a powerful blend of options that you need for customization. Wix’s app store has more than 250 applications and this means that you can also find a feature that fits your theme.
For starters, you don’t get to pay anything since you can build a site free of charge. However, this usually comes with extensive limitations. Its pricing plans feature:
- Combo: $14 per month
- Unlimited: $18 per month
- Pro: $23 per month
- VIP: $39 per month
- Free SSL provided for all plans
- Free and paid apps available to download on this platform
- Professional and very simple to use
- Difficult procedure to move website away from Wix
- No chat support option
- Need to upgrade to a premium plan for a domain name
- Lots of Wix branded ads on free plan
See all plans Wix.com
This is a comprehensive all-in-one website building solution as it comes with a facility for hosting your website with enterprise-grade infrastructure. Squarespace allows you to effectively create beautiful websites thanks to its wide range of simple tools.
Turn your ideas quickly into reality by choosing your website template, color palettes, and designer fonts that strictly fit your style and meet your professional needs.
Squarespace has all the tools that you need to build a modern and functional website. Whether it’s setting up a simple or a well-detailed online store, it has everything that you need. There are almost 70 templates to choose from. As a result, you can conveniently create high-quality, responsive, and premium websites that are SEO-optimized.
This web design tool also offers great 3rd-party integrations. So, if your area of focus is e-commerce, you will love it. There are around 20 pre-made website integrations that are designed with all the popular business tools you need.
Squarespace has three pricing plans and they include:
- Personal: $12 per month
- Business: $18 per month
- Commerce: $26 per month
- Simple and attractive user interface
- Easy to use
- Ability to integrate podcasts
- Not easy to integrate with 3rd-party applications
- Quite expensive & 14-day trial only
- e-commerce is exclusively via Stripe, PayPal and ApplePay only
See all plans: Squarespace.com
5. Gator Builder(Website Builder For Small Business)
Gator is an intuitive and quality website builder that provides users with a faster way to create customized websites. It is provided by one of the largest web host services in the world. This isn’t your typical website builder and that’s why you should consider it.
It is also a fully hosted platform for additional peace of mind.
If you want to build your own website cheaply and effectively, Gator lets you use its drag and drop features to develop a satisfying site. However, it can’t match the power of a WordPress website.
With its smart technology, you get access to an intelligent builder, logo maker, image library, mobile responsiveness, and SEO-optimized website.
Gator’s features are designed to offer you multiple choices. That’s why it’s ideal for industry-specific websites that need customized designs(over 200+ professional websites design are available). It also comes with advanced web features that allow you to use in-text styling, custom-post summary, and embed videos among others.
It’s one of the cheapest website builders on the market. Gator Builder by HostGator has three pricing plans that you can choose from:
- Start: $3.46 per month
- Premium: $5.39 per month
- E-commerce: $8.30 per month
Note: while these starter plans are definitely enticing, understand that the renewal prices are costlier.
- Easy to use
- All paid plans come with a free custom domain
- Affordable & one of the cheapest builders online
- Great social media integration
- Not ideal for complex websites
- No free plan and free trial not available
- Higher renewal prices.
6. Weebly(How To Make A Website For Business)
Weebly allows you to create professional websites that will grow with your business without the need to have any coding skills. The fully hosted,easy-to-use platform, gives you access to a broad range of useful tools with unlimited webpage designs. Additionally, you can edit the designs with Weebly’s live page editor
What makes it stand out among other website builders is its high level of security. Once you are online, your chances of getting attacked by hackers are quite high. They normally use malware to attack and hack websites, especially those that deal with e-commerce.
But with Weebly, your web security features are guaranteed. Every website that’s built with it gets a free TKS certificate which is actually an upgraded SSL. Besides that, Weebly also offers DDoS protection to all hosted websites. So, the chances of your website getting successfully attacked are significantly minimized.
Apart from the free pricing for new users, Weebly has three pricing plans and they include:
·Personal: $6 monthly
·Professional: $12 monthly
·Performance: $26 monthly
- Its inbuilt features are great for e-commerce
- Easy to use
- Best for DIY and beginner website builders
- Altering the website’s functionality isn’t easy as you can’t hire a developer
- You will have to part with 3% of every purchase made from your e-commerce site
- Live chat and phone support are only available to US customers
See all plans:Weebly.com
7. Constant Contact
Show the world that you can build your own website in a simple and stylish way by using Constant Contact(World’s leading email marketing service). This is an easy-to-use program that any newbies would find interesting. It’s not only ideal for building a simple personal blog but also a comprehensive eCommerce platform.
Constant Contact is an intelligent website builder that allows you to create customized and SEO-optimized sites within minutes. It’s suitable for a wide range of niches and its speed and reliability mean that you can depend on it. It builds websites with minimal crashes and great load times.
Besides that, the builder has an extensive free image library. Constant Contact gives all its users access to more than 550,000 images of professional quality to make your website look stunning. It’s a modern website builder with a high grade of responsiveness.
Constant Contact offers only one pricing plan and it costs $10 monthly.
- Provides a simple and seamless website building process
- It’s an impressive free website builder though you need to upgrade if you want to get a custom domain.
- Great design options with tools and a third-party integrated platform.
- Quite affordable.
- The template layout is mobile-friendly thus websites look great on desktop and mobile.
- 24/7 Live phone and chat support
- Inability to install third-party add-ons to get extra features
- No drag and drop editor.
- There is only one pricing plan
- Its on-page SEO is weak as lack of tools for bloggers to SEO optimize posts.
Shopify is a fully hosted platform that has built a name for making huge sales. And this is the platform that you should check out for creating online stores and eCommerce websites. This site allows you to build your store easily with a lot of ease and in an organized way.
It’s a complete CMS platform that gives you control of your website. Shopify comes with more than 70 free premium themes that you can choose from. So, whether you are a developer, agency, or individual, you can conveniently use it to cater to your specific website needs.
Besides that, it makes it easy for users to easily customize their online stores. Note that every theme comes with its distinct settings and so you can easily alter them. The platform even allows you to hire a developer to create for you customized integrations!
Well, the Shopify pricing plan is one of the most expensive in the market. However, you are guaranteed value for more. It has three main pricing plans and they include:
- Basic Shopify: $29 monthly
- Shopify: $79 monthly
- Advanced Shopify: $299 monthly
- Ease of use(drag and drop) and WordPress integration available
- Advanced eCommerce features
- Trusted by half a million businesses online with 1 million active users
- There is no email hosting
- It’s very expensive
- Moving the website away from Shopify could prove to be difficult
Zyro is a powerful online tool that you can use to create beautiful websites in less than an hour. You don’t need to have prior knowledge of how to make a website from scratch since everything is simple and straightforward.
The builder makes ideas happen by turning them into reality. Everything is simplified further with its drag and drop feature and you can build your professional website that loads faster within minutes. Basically, you have a chance to build fast, load faster, and grow fastest.
While Zyro is a new entrant in this highly competitive sector, it has managed to quickly gain a huge user base. Its modern and stylish premade templates will absolutely woo you. Besides that, it has been optimized to offer high loading speeds while still maintaining SEO standards.
You can always start with the free option but there are four affordable pricing plans to choose from:
- Basic: $1.99 monthly
- Unleashed: $2.99 monthly
- Ecommerce: $8.99 monthly
- Ecommerce Plus: $13.99 monthly
- Easy to use
- Free hosting and 87% off premium plans offered
- Great uptime, reliability, and security
- Access to 1 million images for free
- Facilities of marketing integrations like Google Analytics and Facebook retargeting.
- No 24/7 support
- Its free account doesn’t offer add-ons and third-party integrations
- Impossible to switch templates during the design process
10.WordPress.Org(Best Free Website Builder)
Its simplicity and high level of performance will allow you to build your own website without prior knowledge. WordPress.Org is the most popular website building platform in the world. It comes with a drag-and-drop page builder which you can use to easily create sites.
Its popularity is based on the fact that it’s easy to use and easily builds stunning sites. Users have maximum control over their websites. You can create several intuitive web pages without design experience. It makes everything effortless thanks to its in-built blocks, customizable colors and font styles, and developer options among others.
WordPress.Org allows you to make a website free of charge if you are a beginner. However, you will need to host your website yourself and purchase a domain name and hosting to make your site go live.
- Access to 58,000 free WordPress plugins
- High-quality WordPress themes available for bloggers, Businesses as well as web designers/developers
- Search engine-friendly platform
- Scalability and ease of use
- Need to learn to manage a website.
- You are responsible for backups and updates
To Build Your Own Website: Conclusion
With website builders, the process of building your own website is easy and straightforward. The above-reviewed website builders are among the best on the market. Each one has its own set of unique features that make it stand out.
Besides that, they all have different pricing plans and designs hence you can easily find a builder that suits your preferences.
Related article: How to start a blog
Read also: Make money website
Ross is the founder of Hostingwhich, a free resource site where you can learn about Starting your own Blog & also find out about Web Host Services. Click here to learn more if you want to start a blog.